Mechanical Engineering automotive order aerospace engineer needs to have in order to of the job market.
This is part of our career. See this and let’s get into this radio. Here are the five skills that we think of as a mechanical engineer. You should have the first one, a strong understanding of theoretical aspects. So very simple. Everybody would have told you professoriate is going to study everything in the book.
If you think about it, in engineering, we have 48 subjects. Should we be good at all? 48 subjects? Not at all. You need to only be good at, say, three to four subjects in order to build a career in a particular domain. So, for example, if you’re looking to enter into a career in mechanical design, so something like design engineering, graphics, machine design, kind of magic of machines. So these are fundamentals that you should be really good at.
if you want to go into computational fluid dynamics, then fluid dynamics, heat dance, well, don’t want to mix gas properly changed dynamics. So these are concepts that do need to be working on. Say you want to get to do. Then it’s solid mechanics. Pent up is finite element analysis and if you want to get into robotics, then multi-body dynamics, automation opportunity, engineering mechanics. So these on a few courses that if you do really well or if you understand the theoretical aspects really well, you can definitely have you can definitely how one foot ahead of your peers focus on getting a good understanding of your theoretical aspects.
It does not mean mugging up all day 48 courses.
- Understanding three to four courses specific to your domain is what you need to do, right? That’s one. So now you’ve understood these concepts. You have understood all the theoretical aspects.
- Step two offered us knowledge of engineering tools that will allow you to apply these theoretical concepts in practical, real-world engineering problems. What do I mean by that?
You need to apply this theory somewhere. How do I play this theory? At this age, it is very annoying. A particular CAD (computer-aided engineering) do it right. For example, if you are a design engineer, you can look into CATIA, and its got data and multiple other designing software. But the fundamental aspect of it is this is a software. If you do not know what to put into the software, you will not get what you expect out of this after this all federal only through old answers that while the inputs that you throw it.
So you need to have a very good understanding of your theoretical aspects in order to use this alternate universe. So that is what you need to have a good understanding of the theoretical aspects and also learn how to use particular software.
- Now, I learned about software. I have a good understanding. What does the next step that I need to do? Right. So here is what you need to have very good background knowledge on how the tool is working to solve any kind of problem.
Similar to the concept that you know. Let me give you an example, doing analysis on how much is the node all suits produced. And, you know, basically, the differentiating variable here is the mechanical geometry. So in this case, you say you have the theoretical knowledge. You have the software knowledge for that particular problem. You can solve the problem. But when I go a little away saying we are using a different whole different engine, the spray margin is different.
The combustion and model are different. Doberman’s model is different. And emission modeling is different. Then how do you kind of go ahead and also solve that problem? So that is where you need to have. Of understanding what is there to do in the bag. What kind of Dublin’s model is it using? What kind of combustion model it does use. And it kind of differs from different software. But whenever you are going into a particular domain like design engineering, structural engineering, site engineering quality engineering, etc, taking a look into this whole thing and understanding what is going on behind this off, it is also helpful for you to have success with.
These are three things that are primarily needed. If you are mechanical automation restrictions, the next two things are pretty simple and straightforward.
- The fourth one is logical thinking and solving problems through first principles. What do I mean by first principles? First-principles of physics and math basically can help you solve any problems. So those first principles will help you think logically. Having a logical thinking point of view will allow you to work on any problem that is outside your school because you have good theoretical knowledge, a good understanding of this often.
So that is where you basically have good, logical thinking. And that’s something really important, something that will become very important in the days to come.
And it has already become important to note is we are long sundeck probably in 2007 when giant mechanical engineering.
- I joined mechanical engineering because. I did not want to code. But in 2011, when I graduated, I realized I needed to learn coding in order to sustain, ought to be very successful in the mechanical engineering domain and I learned to code and that’s basically brought me here. And as you move forward and this is in 2011.